Wednesday 29 February 2012

Filling time

What a beautiful morning it was here today! Mild and sunny and oh-what-am-I-doing-stuck-indoors-ish... What I was doing was preparing for a visit from Bob the builder to put up a bit of timber for me in the bedroom with the windows wide open all around the place. He did such a neat job and so pleasantly and I started on making my new door curtain so it was all good! For a couple of hours...and then, I'm not sure if it was a sea mist that came up or a hill fog that came down but it was a bit of a white out weatherwise which was fine as I'd become wiped out energy wise too.

So I've had some soup and rice cakes and am dozing on the sofa happy with what's been achieved but open to 'second wind' if it should happen. The first job I had on my list for this afternoon was filling on and around the timber but that's been done already as part of the not-diy so I'm on schedule for job two...ie wait for filler to dry!

I give thanks for finding tucked away on mid week nights on ITV 3 (and recording) a Danish cop drama! Mmmm...Danish cop dramas are as hard to resist as Danish pastries! Made me chuckle though that one reason put forward as to why we were all hooked on The Killing was that we didn't 'know' the actors so couldn't have preconceptions or memories of other roles. Well, if you watch Those Who Kill you'll see some familiar faces...oh, and a maverick woman detective as well...and bare trees and snow of course!

I give thanks for having a chill out now that it's chilly...for a mug of warm tea and a shortbread biscuit and cosy socks and throw...and Ashley Banjo's smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics