Wednesday 8 February 2012

Bright

The sun setting on my holiday...


Actually, although I'm home tomorrow night I've got another day to enjoy first. I haven't met up with Jared for a while and he's free after work tomorrow...and his work finishes the same time as one of the buses from here gets in to Exeter, so, although later than the one I'd originally planned to catch I think I'll be getting that one! I can leave my suitcase here after I check out and have an idea for something to do with the time...

I give thanks for another lovely day today... starting with a good long sleep and a good long lie in. For heavy frost...even inside as I left one of the windows open a crack with a damp towel over the yoghourts, orange juice and fresh milk I had stored there behind the blind away from the heat of the room. This evaporation cooling technique I was taught to call a 'country fridge' but in this case it was a coastal freezer! For glorious sunshine, very enjoyable if you could get out of the biting wind which I did by going on a pretty bus ride. For takeaway hot spicy parsnip soup for my lunch, and a sheltered sandy nook to enjoy it. For a walk out on the breakwater as the Atlantic began to hurl itself back at the land. Awe inspiring! For coffee in a smart bistro where a not so young couple were endearingly clearly on a first date. Body language looked promising and conversion was flowing well....Mine didn't turn up, ha ha!

I give thanks for finding a takeaway offering just down the road that inspired my erratic appetite. Breaded mushrooms on salad with garlic dip. You can bring in takeaways here and for a nominal charge they give you plates and cutlery and napkins and sauce and dispose of the wrappers. Very civilised! And as it's only me I've been allowed to have it in big comfy armchair in the snug instead of at a table in the deserted restaurant. It's deserted in here too but cosier. Obviously they are being extra accommodating as it's out of season and they have time and space to accommodate my 'special needs' but I have never stayed anywhere so friendly and welcoming. I feel very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics