Thursday 9 February 2012

Lark ascending

Been a while since I made that happen! This morning I was so not up with one and really feeling feeble and unwell...but determined to make it downstairs appropriately prepared for check out at 10. I didn't fancy doing anything for a while afterwards...just sat in the sun lounge and was grateful for peace and warmth. Finally as the day brightened from cloudy and grey I felt up to a slow walk in the fresh air to try to work up an appetite for the cooked part of my breakfast which I'd been offered when I was ready. And, eventually, I gained enough height and distance from civilisation to disturb a lark. I was probably just as surprised as it was but what a joy to watch it soar and hear it's wonderful song.

I give thanks for the panoramic views, the warmth of the sunshine and the tiny patch of untouched frost on the grass. For the mysterious poignancy of a single red rose lying at the cliff edge...and for the many well placed seats to assist me. And for two perfectly poached eggs on toast to fortify me on my return!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so pleased you've had a lovely break, your hotel sounded wonderful, and i'm sure even if you weren't the only guest you would have been treated with the same courtesy,

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics