Tuesday 21 February 2012

Chill time

Hey guess what? Bob's music was on Sky 1 last night! He's been working with DJ Janette Slack and she was on Gadget Geeks reviewing decks and playing bits of their tunes.... We both think this is pretty awesome! I give thanks for a son who likes to make people dance...well, not make them exactly...not in a hot coals or electrodes on the feet way anyway! Inspire them to is a better way of putting it perhaps...

No pancakes for me today I think as I had a delicious tortilla style omelette in two instalments for breakfast and lunch...leeks, potatoes, mushrooms...a pinch of mixed herbs and a handful of grated cheddar. I give thanks for grating a lot of cheddar in my food processor on Sunday so I don't have to do more for a day or two. I am feeling very feeble today with the boring old bugs and neither hand grating nor processor washing appeals so it's great to be able to just grab it and sprinkle!

I give thanks for completing other necessary chores and settling down for a major rest fest on the sofa with my trusty remote control. I give thanks for a nice nurse visit. I give thanks for this yummy easy recipe that I have been making on and off for more than forty years apart from the bit when I lost the cookbook but the internet hadn't been invented to search for it again. I'd actually forgotten it existed until I saw it on Australian Come Dine with Me a couple of years ago. You can make it with limes or limes and lemons and change the biscuits in the base. Or not make a base and serve biscuits with it...it tastes fab and far posher than you'd think from the recipe which is hardly harder than Angel Delight. Oh no...I've started thinking about Angel Delight now...butterscotch....Mmmm

For the base:
4oz (approx 125g) digestive biscuits
2oz (approx 50g) butter
1 level tablespoon of sugar

For the top:
1/4 pint of double cream
6oz can of condensed milk
2 large lemons

Melt the butter, add the crushed biscuits and sugar, press into ramekins or a flan dish and bake for a few minutes on a low heat and leave to cool.

Grate the lemon zest and squeeze the juice. Whisk together the cream, condensed milk and lemon zest. Gradually add lemon juice whisking as you go til it starts to get thick then pour on the base and chill for a few hours...(You and the pie!)

Two weeks ago I was here...hard to believe now. Tomorrow I have acupuncture (yes, different day this week) and have to go to the hospital and will not get home til late. I may not get round to writing my blog...I'm telling you now so you don't fret OK? You can text or message me if you want but I might not reply to those either though if I contact you, you HAVE to reply understand? Just joking...just chill...eat pudding and admire the view...

2 comments:

  1. I tried to post on your blog earlier but i'm guessing it didn't get through, I just wanted to say how thrilling it must have been for you to hear your sons music on t.v., I can imagine it was one of those moments when the hairs on your arm stand to attention! lol,

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another spectacular photo Angel! More please! I will chat to you later re our hospital visits...I have one today also. Go well. New series of Come Dine With Me starts here next week, I cannot wait for more laughs. Our team-mate Carole is inspiring me with her stoicism. Props to Bob....that is so cool. Have a good day, Juanita xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics