Sunday 5 February 2012

As appropriate

Mmm...a day of relaxation and pampering! Well that's what I had planned anyway...but mice and men have got nothing on me and I'm only just starting on that part of the proceedings having found at morning cuppa time that whatever was done in the flat upstairs on Friday it certainly hasn't stopped water coming through the ceiling and wall. It had dried up a bit but this morning it was much, much worse.

Moving things and mopping up and taking appropriate measures to inform appropriate people in the appropriate way didn't take all day of course but there were a few other things to be done before this delicious feeling of relaxation could start.

I give thanks for getting all that I felt I needed to do done...and for a bone china mug of Earl Grey tea and a 'real' Lancashire Eccles cake bursting with currants not crusty with pastry when I'd finished...

For a cheery Tesco delivery man I'd not met before dealing with a computer system failure and a round full of upstairs addresses with equanimity...and for bringing lots of tasty treats and essentials. Two new flavours of Green & Black's to try snuggling in my little suitcase!

For finding in a local shop yesterday a biggish bearable across body bag to replace the one I've worked so hard the last four and a half years. Round of applause to Bay Trading for the first one...it's still usable if you don't mind the 'leather' falling off the cloth in chunks. Not even a dodgy zip...just looks dodgy!

For creating a protective wrapping for my Streak from length of tubular bandage...which also means I have some bandage with me in case my wrists and thumbs give me grief! To Laura for saying she'll don wet suit and snorkel to keep an eye on things here, and to Mike from Environmental Health for saying he'll try to come and check things out.

For the stillness of the day and especially the evening...can hardly hear more than a bird outside...I also give thanks for emails from TWO relatives in the last few days...much gratitude to both of you, it does me the power of good you know and replies will follow...

There's a wifi connection where I'm staying but I'm only intending to update my blog once in any twenty four hour period with a minimum of five things for which I'm thankful...that's all I ever intended to do. So if I'm bursting with gratitude at ten in the morning one day and don't get to expressing more til ten pm the next, don't fret - it's still within normal limits and I might have some more enjoying being to do before I get round to telling you about it!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a lovely break away,
    I love staying in hotels, having worked in them ( just one of my million jobs i've had over the years! )I can appreciate being waited on hand and foot, We all deserve a bit of pampering now and then, so make the most of it,

    I look forward to hearing your updates, when ever they may be

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics