Sunday 19 February 2012

Spent

Not long finished putting the first coat of satinwood on the accessible paintwork in my bedroom and have a few hours to muster the strength for a second one this afternoon...or not as the case may be. Last night I was thinking of all the things I might do in the drying time but so far this is as energetic as it gets!

As a child I would hear an expression about someone's eyes being bigger than their tummy...I guess these days people just keep right on eating anyway... They are more likely to have wishlists bigger than their wallets maybe or, for anyone like me, have intentions that outstrip capability. I mentally over spend my energy reserves more than my financial ones with plans and schemes for what I'd like to use them for... I am grateful for being in such incredibly good nick for someone who is expected to be so sick and I guess that's the downside of being relatively well, that you can be easily felled by relative illness... I give thanks to my valiant kidney for doing its best and for my other bodily parts for also managing remarkably well with the chemical imbalances that result in its best not being perfect. I give thanks that I am still here, still valiant myself.

I give thanks for still bright sunshine today and for yesterday's strong winds and torrential rain... and I'm grateful that ebay bidding on the 1960s Persian rug I had my eye on has intensified so I can bow out gracefully with just a little sigh. It was for my redecorated bedroom and redecoration has only just started so I'm sure something will turn up nearer the time... This week I should find out if I can have that operation or not so might be clearer on when work should be finished by or at least comfortably suspended for maximum ease of recuperation...or deterioration...

2 comments:

  1. Angel my girl you put me to shame, mind you have been a bit of a night owl since Friday getting in @ 1:45am Sat morn, and then last night suddenly found it was 2:10am Sunday before turning in, had been watching a marathon of QI XL, then decided to service the sewing machine my daughter loaned me back. Have done the chore of changing bed linen, washing, and vacuuming through, any thing to stop the pain of preparation, undercoating etc in the extension! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel inadequate Pat...I can only do housework OR decorating and not much of either without a sit down. If they decide to operate I won't be able to do either for a while so I do want to get my bedroom as nice as poss. Well done with the word reading!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics