Monday 27 February 2012

Crunch time

Today I give multiple sorts of thanks for Dr Galli whom I've seen for the last time as, at almost seventy, he's 'really' retiring now. He feels someone should be giving me the care and attention he has for the last few months (don't we all?) and asked me if I had any preferences as to which of his colleagues to refer me to. Mustering all my diplomacy, I suggested one of the newish, youngish women on the team who I've heard has a holistic attitude approach and he agreed she was an excellent choice and he would have a chat with her. I liked the feeling of being consulted about consultation...

He also said I'd confounded everyone...I like that too. I mean I like that I've confounded everyone...and I like that they mention it from time to time and treat me with the respect and awe that's due, ha ha! I said, as I always do, that I wish they'd find out HOW I've managed to confound everyone so they can bottle it and pass it round! Maybe there's a genetic element...though my father died of cancer pretty much everwhere so maybe not. Of course the official line is that I just responded remarkably well to a very abbreviated course of chemo but my official response to that is...well then please find out why so this stops being remarkable and confounding and becomes the norm...

Anyway, I'm also grateful for getting my pre op assessment date through already...next week (gulp)! For Eastcliff cafe being open for post medical matters refreshment and for meeting some new people to help with chores courtesy of the wonderful Teignmouth Catholic church congregation and wider community. I'm not a member but have come into contact with a few who are and whose hearts are in the right place which, as you've probably spotted, is not necessarily a side effect of faith...

I'm grateful for much lazing around in the latter part of the day. For sunset on my phone wallpaper. For my upstairs neighbour being home but not, as yet, pouring water through the ceiling. Of course it could be too wet already to tell... And for my downstairs neighbour coming up yesterday to see where the water coming into HIS flat was coming from and being suitably horrified reaction on seeing mine. As I've said before, there's no point getting worked up about it but the more people getting worked up on my behalf the better! And for Ryvita fruit crunch. Mmmm

3 comments:

  1. Next week eh? Ooh it's all happening now and thats good, I was going to say i'm pleased your neighbour downstairs is getting water in too, but thats not what I meant at all, i'm just pleased your not the only one getting the 'shit end of the stick' and theres always strength in numbers, so you can maybe sound off to each other if need be,

    Take care Angel, i'll be thinking of you next week!
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel, the wheels in motion is good, less waiting time, and its healing time and swimsuit approaching in the fast lane. Much love Patxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unless this op fixes my kidney function a bit think just getting into my cozzy will be exercise enough but who knows eh? Actually thinking about it...what cozzy? Gave them to charity shop ages ago...ha ha!
    Hope your trip today not too miserable, Pat.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics