Tuesday 28 February 2012

Magic word

I am so tired today so perhaps I'd better give thanks for the chance to practice recuperation... If I stand up I want to sit down and if I sit down I fall asleep! And, in a similar spirit, gratitude for the nurse being so late so that most of what I thought of doing I could dismiss with an 'Oh, it's not worth starting that in case they come and interrupt'!

I'm grateful for the More 4 multi coloured turning triangles on the side of a boat and a beach boardwalk...especially pleasing! And I've admired the grey still day that matches my lethargy.

I give thanks that the reduced price throw I bought the other day IS machine washable even though it suggested better not! And I give thanks that thinking of that moved me to get my sewing machine out...interruptions or not!

So I got my sewing machine out...and got down the door curtain that I planned to cunningly cover with part of this bargain throw and just as I was measuring them up together the phone rang and it was one of the nicer nurses Trevor and after he'd been (and we'd had a good laugh as usual) I felt motivated to spread a couple of spoonfuls of filler on the ancient bit of wall I've recently uncovered in the bedroom. So there you go the day has been 'productive' after all!

I also got a letter ready to send to Kostas which included this story though not as a link of course http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2106384/Rapper-Kieron-Bryan-jailed-25-years-codebreaker-exposes-gangland-hitman.html that an ex colleague shared on Facebook as she lives in near Llanfair but which I think deserves a wider audience. I mean seriously...you couldn't make it up!

Finally... just a reminder to dispose of your unicorns responsibly please...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics