Wednesday 1 February 2012

Toast haste

I'm grateful I'm awake and drinking my tea...not telling myself I should be!

I'm grateful the dawn sky is grey... Yesterday it was lurid peach which, behind the lime yellow of the mimosa made you want to look away...

I'm grateful I finished yesterday the important forms and paperwork I had set myself to finish tomorrow!

I'm grateful I have devised a plan whereby...buses and energy and waiting times permitting I might be able to post them too. (It would be useful if big hospitals had post offices counters don't you think? Ours has a postbox but that's not quite the same...)

I'm grateful for forgetting I had a letter from Kostas, put aside while the above was being done so that I could take it to bed with me to read. A lovely letter and a comfort to me. It's funny how I signed up for this to help a soul in need...

I'm grateful I worked out what to wear today last night. It'll be bitter walking and waiting for the buses but there's a lot of indoors at temperatures the weather charts can't even make a wild guess at...and some undressing and dressing again to be done...

I'm grateful my cunning plan with the hot cross bun worked. I find it so hard to eat in the morning but I'm not allowed to after 9.30 or so and I thought if I left one by the cooker to be warmed I might get the taste buds to get my tummy to join in! I've managed most of it in between various stages of getting ready so that's better than nothing at all.

I'm grateful, as ever, for you taking the time to read my wittering words!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics