Thursday 16 February 2012

Really free

Today's one of those days when it's hard to tell the sea fom the sky both being an identical pale grey blue. I actually enjoy the spot the difference puzzle this creates but yesterday the sea was a really glowing turquoise with big purple streaks and little white flecks and I really liked that too.

I've not taken antibiotics for six days now so am beginning to feel feverish and sore but sometimes I like to give my body a break from the medicine as only the medicine gives me a break from the bugs but that too takes its toll...and I like to let my immune system stand up and stretch if not actually flex its muscles now and then! Yesterday I was doing my dying duck in a thunderstorm act for a few hours and then I felt a bit better and stripped half a bedroom wall of a wallpaper! It sounds very impressive put like that but it turned out not to be mostly not very firmly attached...at all, easier to peel than Sellotape actually and I only didn't do the whole wall as there was a heavy chest of drawers in the way and it doesn't look very nice underneath and I'd rather not have to look at it for longer than is ncesessary. It needed a bit of a rub and scrub in places so I did that in instalments along with most of one of the horrible little bits between a door lintel and a corner that you get especially in smaller rooms and where there's usually been a bit of a botch job with plaster and/or filler and/or wallpaper and paint. I don't feel like finishing that today but one more session and it should be done and the whole area will need a spot of filling and sealing here and there and then it will be ready to progress. In the meantime I've covered it with a large plain net curtain and myself in encouragement and praise!

In the evening I felt feeble again and so far today but well enough to get some late breakfast and after it to get washed and dressed and out for acupuncture I'm sure. I give thanks to the chicken who laid my egg and to the neighbourhood seagulls for whatever it is they are doing outside that is a) silent and b) quite picturesque being circular but lower and more localised and flappy than thermal gliding...

I give thanks for realising you can get free trials of software and programs that are not normally free. I knew there were free things and things you pay for but for some reason I hadn't twigged there is a middle option as well which is great as I don't mind paying for something if I know it's worth it but how else do you get to know if it is if you can't try? I'm sure there are catches here and there but I'm reminded of someone I know, who shall of course remain nameless, who has been getting another six months free from match.com for not finding love for the past two years! Of course if you want something really really really really really free you have ask John Otway and Wild Willy Barrett.

PS. I've just seen it on the news that Paul McCartney has stopped smoking cannabis...it is me or is that an odd thing to be in the news?

PPS. Juanita...I couldn't see the pictures on your blog post last night and today I can't even see the post...is it me or...

PPPS. The image below is irrelevant but I felt there should be some illustration to accompany this rambling...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Gabi,
    Just thought I'd try commenting on your blog as some other people say they are having problems...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, now I'm going to try when I'm not logged in as me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel, your getting more done in a day than yours truly, once on the computer doing charity stuff, and clearing the constant backlog of emails time just evaporates. Had a second pair of eyes to help me later yesterday, still couldn't get passed the robot censor! Patxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I am Samantha, Pats Granddaughter. She had been struggling to prove she isn't a Robot for ages but when I came round I did the weird word straight away! Granny Grape (that's what I call her!) sends her love. Sam xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics