Thursday 2 February 2012

Holding on

Thanks to Lynn and Pat for your comments. Lynn, I slept OK while I was 'watching' TV but couldn't settle easily when I went to bed. I'm extremely grateful that I had a good book and know from other stressed times in my life that if turning out the light makes unwanted thoughts crowd in, turning it back on and opening a good book will start a succession of little dozes that eventually join together into sleep. It's not the reading that does it as it doesn't get further than a sentence or two...it seems to be just holding the book, though it does have to be one I actually want to read! Strange maybe but if it helps, well I just give thanks that it does! And I give thanks for the good book that not only came to the hospital with me but was there for me to hold when I needed to sleep!

Pat, my son lives in Sheffield, doesn't drive and though he's self employed he still has work to do. He would have chuckled if he'd read your well meant suggestion I think...he has trouble putting on weight and if he mentions it to people they say 'Have you tried eating high calorie foods?' as if he might not have thought of that! I would be interested to know what your tactics would be if you lived in this town...I suppose you personally would be able to drive to offices in other ones for a start which would be useful! I wondered if I might be able to get to the Citizens' Advice Bureau before acupuncture but it turns out it's not open here today anyway. This is actually something to be grateful for as I'm so tired today I haven't even felt up to making a cuppa yet. I have water (in a glass and bottle!) by the bed so I'm OK.  It's funny that water is a such an essential thing in some places and such a misery in others!

I give thanks to Laura for re arranging the time and nature of her visit so I'll have a lift home after acupuncture and someone to come in with. Watching my new pretty kitchen get spoiled I don't feel much like getting more decorating done so she's going to have a go at fixing the single bed I use as a sofa where the drawer supports are broken. Gotta be good Feng Shui to have your drawers supported eh?

I give thanks for thinking to contact Volunteering in Health - a charity based right here - and for their friendly reply. And that I finally feel up to putting the kettle on! I'm loving the sunshine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics