Saturday 16 June 2018

Next

I can't remember why I thought to call this post Next but I give thanks for anyone who reads it and thinks of a chap in a stripy jumper and not a high street store!

I give thanks for hitting the (local) high street here...a little later than planned due to a bad night with various aches and pains. Just in time for the wind to blow in some rain as a matter of fact but I give thanks for my much loved flowery cagoule...

I give thanks for trying to stick to a logistically sensible route but that always depends on being able to get what you wanted in the first place you go and the day didn't turn out like that. Nonetheless I give thanks for (eventually) both delivering and collecting a selection of items, plus ordering a couple more, managing not to whimper until I was staggering back up the stairs, and even that might have been due to the psychological discomfort of having to pay one of the most sullen and unwelcoming cab drivers I have ever encountered for the displeasure of his company.

I give thanks for giving my bad knee and swollen foot a good rest before feeding my face with some handy leftovers plus a scone from a schoolkids' charity stall.

I give thanks for the replacement (and perfect) trim arriving this morning. Since I only found and informed the company of the fault yesterday afternoon I am seriously impressed...and have, of course, sent them an appreciative message! Not got round to doing anything with it yet as I've been in serious need of some replacement sleep. I give thanks for being able to get some...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics