Saturday 9 June 2018

Toast

Haha...I thought I might be a mite fatigued after pushing energy and mobility to their limits yesterday, but I give thanks I didn't realise exactly how tired I was going to be.

I gave thanks for tea and toast in the (late) morning...and, despite all the reasons why not, for the convenience of tea bags. For falling asleep again to the sounds of wedding bells, giving thanks for those who are loved and full of hope and joy... For not being invited - to anything ever very much. Sometimes when I'm feeling sad this seems rather a shame, but as least when I'm cream crackered it's a bonus to be only letting myself down I guess.

For more toast for my lunch (different sort of bread - one must strive for a varied diet!) and a great deal more flolloping about before finally managing to get dressed and clear up the kitchen enough to make a mess again making a plate of something more like food.

For the phone call from my bank about a possible fraud not being a fraud...and for the account activity in question not being a fraud either but just me trying to keep those plates a-spinning. For another wee nap to recover from all that...

For the fragrance of those pinks in my bedroom...the blooms are past their best freshness, but those pale pink ones have the loveliest scent even when they're beginning to droop and go brown which is why I chose them over the other colours in the roadside bucket

For realising I have been doing this (ie keeping a gratitude blog) for over seven years... I checked it out and it was 7th of June 2011 I started. Mind boggling...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics