Sunday 3 June 2018

Every breath you take

I give thanks for the pain being generally gentler today...except for one of my knees which didn't get the memo and, despite being strapped up with an Actipatch, is causing a lot of bad language when ever it's moved. I see what the trainers do to injured joints on the tennis courts with envy...and give thanks for elastic tubular bandaging...

I give thanks it stopped me gawping out the kitchen window too long at both activities and hiatus following the finding of a deceased person in the road down the terrace from me. I'm always fascinated by investigative procedures and found myself wishing the neighbour clearing out his cellar wasn't making quite so much noise so I could hear more of what the officers were saying. I also give thanks for the opportunity to ponder on how 'somebody' becomes 'a body' - such a different concept and only a breath apart.

I give thanks for the relief of the rest of me being just averagely achy so I could rest and recuperate. I might not move much when I'm sore but somehow even that takes a lot of effort... I give thanks for doing something vaguely like cooking for the first time in days...

I give thanks for a day off office work, not even trying to find words to try to explain to the DWP the difference between surviving and skiving. For not needing to go down or up the stairs, though the sunshine was inviting that would just be inviting more pain. For the Red Arrows going to the airshow unusually slowly so I had time to get to a different window, and choosing a flight path that meant I could watch them a while.

I give thanks for the Police. No, the blond ones of the 70s and 80s (sigh!)...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics