Thursday 21 June 2018

I just can't help believing



I give thanks for life imitating art yesterday evening with a stripey sky and sea. For all the people celebrating the Solstice this morning - what a wonderful way to remember you're a being on a rock in space not just inside your head! Well, you are just inside your head of course...but might it help you put some saner thoughts in there.

I give thanks for a celebration of my own in my dreams.  Just the fact I was dreaming was something to be grateful for for a start - proper job asleep I was and a member of a slightly mutant tribe about to be handfasted to a rather fit young chap by local standards. I was rather looking forward to the nuptials but also relieved I woke up before the minced newt pies...

I give thanks for my alarm rousing me fron my second imagined romantic encounter of the night as I had an early epipen delivery slot and though I don't mind answering my door in my dressing gown I hate having to walk past other people's. For an exceptionally cheery and helpful courier...and for popping back to bed for the rest of my sleep when he had departed.

I give thanks on the back of the patchwork
bed cover there's soft thick flannelette so it's light but cosy to pull over the duvet if you get a bit cold in the night. For seeing the broken glass in the washing up bowl before I put my hands in.

I give for leaning out the window to try and work out if the breeze was warm enough to sit outside with a book... and ending up having a chat with my neighbours. For ending up staying inside and making goodly inroads into overdue housework and ever optimistic(ish) preparations for moving house. I give thanks for less aches and pains so this wasn't too uncomfortable...and enough fatigue to get comfy on the sofa in between bouts of activity and fall asleep in front of some rather lacklustre tennis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics