Tuesday 26 June 2018

Wish you were here

I give thanks for a day off from my day to day life. I needed one quite badly, and Mima kindly helped me get away from it all and spend my birthday present beach hut hire voucher.

Last night I discovered they'd better cross painting and decorating off the list of work I might be capable of when my right hand and forearm went into the worst spasms I've ever had. My left wasn't much better and when I used it to try to prise my fingers and thumb apart on the other side it started to seize up too. It was so bad and prolonged I actually thought of calling an ambulance though I don't think I could physically have achieved this if I'd tried. I give thanks for remembering all things must pass and endeavouring to relax... and eventually the muscles did too and I could get ready for bed though making a drink, cleaning my teeth and so on were rather hit and miss affairs as gripping was so painful

Unfortunately there are some things a urostomy patient should not be hit and miss about and so I was awake again in the wee small hours so to speak dealing with the aftermath of failure. I couldn't think of anything to be grateful for except that I lived alone and the night was warm...Today my hands are still very sore, but I give thanks for getting some of the laundry done before we loaded up and headed off down the road to bask in the the brilliant sunshine, the balmy breeze...plus other people's radios, dogs and conversation! I give thanks for a good picnic, paddle and book. For the beauty of the still calm water especially when we arrived and the tide was very low...I tried to take some photos but they didn't do it justice.

This evening I am grateful that some of the washing is dry...but not so much that I have to put the next load on just yet so the neighbours can have an evening free of water overflowing from the drainpipe onto their doorstep. For a brief round of battling with some of the solicitors who seem intent on scuppering my house move...For a fish finger sandwich planned for my tea and some catch up TV to curl up with...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics