Tuesday 5 June 2018

Ironic

I give thanks for all the opportunities to learn from life's lessons that come my way...but goodness me sometimes I wish it could be half term!

I give thanks for a much needed acupuncture treatment, and for Rachel moving the bookcase a centimetre or two so the door would close beside it, which I hadn't noticed needed doing until it was too late. For pasta salad for tea with leftovers for lunch and the washing up done so a quiet day in the kitchen (except for the spin cycle of course!). For getting up and sorted in time for the surveyor, who was a very pleasant chap...and then giving in to the need for a snooze on the sofa. It's taken ten years of getting older and iller to learn to relax about needing extra rest, but now that form has left me re-assessing myself as a useless lazy scrounger which is sad as though thinking positively might just help with health conditions, thinking negatively tends to have the opposite effect. Oh well, I guess I should be grateful for dialysis round the corner because then the government will be allow me to be tired...

I give thanks for a pretty little necklace put together by request to Jan from a bit of bobbly chain and a magnetic clasp. I'm not putting on weight so maybe it's all the emptying buckets building up muscle in my neck and shoulders but most of my others seem too tight at the moment and will have to be made longer... I give thanks I know I don't need necklaces but life is a bit short on frivolity just now and it cost even less than I thought it might - ie nothing at all! Thank you Jan!

For catching up with last 24 hrs In Police Custody which was about a fatal stabbing of a young man in a residential street. I always find these real life investigations interesting but particularly this scenario in view of recent circumstances round here. For my hands being free from pain and other tasks long enough to manage a few minutes sewing my sun/moon hanging...

I've been craving Mediterranean scenery lately...but I still give thanks for the green green grass (and trees) of home...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics