Saturday 30 June 2018

Bridge over troubled water

Although I was at sea level today I didn't really see it, so I give thanks for hearing the waves on the other side of the wall as I sat on a seat in the sun.

I give thanks for having a look at the flower festival including Laura's finished display. For a lovely vegetable samosa for my lunch from the farmers' market which I took to Mima's and had served with a spot of salad and a cup of tea! I give thanks for a lift home and the loan of a lighter vacuum to try as Henry is too big and bulky for me these days...so the floors get dirtier and harder to clean...

I give thanks for giving my swollen ankle and sore wrists a good rest when I got home, forgoing the housewarming party as I would have been no fun I'm sure. For all the neighbours being out so I could watch the last episode of The Bridge and quite forget my troubles and pains.

I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself, and
uncomfortably aware of how little I have to contribute to...well...anything really...so I was very grateful I might have found somewhere online Laura might find a wedding dress, and helped Jan remember something to make to sell at a fĂȘte. Drops in the ocean of value and worthiness, but valid and valued in two tiny ways...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics