Sunday 24 June 2018

Are you lonesome tonight?

Last night I was giving thanks for the long summer evenings as the butter moon glowed brighter in the darkening blue. Sometimes they make me long to be able to go out, socially or just outdoors to breathe in the air of the night...so I also gave thanks for remembering there are lonelier places you can be than home alone - in a crowd sometimes, in a family, or even in someone's arms.

I give thanks for waking from an epic dream where I was about to get married to someone and decided I didn't want to but couldn't find a way to say or how to get away from them and their extended family in an isolated house in a blizzard...

I give thanks for all the neighbours being out somewhere so I've been enjoying plenty of peace and quiet with my solitude this last twenty four hours. For having the communal gardens to myself to lie in the sun with a book...and no noisy interruptions to a pretty good Queen's final afterwards.

I give thanks for Laura popping round this evening with her practice display for a local church's festival of flowers and for Ruth inviting me to a party next weekend. To the universe for listening...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics