Thursday 28 June 2018

Paradise is half as nice

I give thanks for not only being awake for half the day, but also reasonably active. For less pain after more movement, though rest periods were still required, but that is not a bad thing especially when you're getting the shopping on a sunny day in a seaside town or have a supremely curl upable on settee!

I give thanks for also feeling here and there fully functioning and not just half alive. The last few weeks this has been a rare treat, and its hard to explain the difference but it is as different as being under the influence or sober, elated or depressed...for a while you feel well enough to quite forget you're not, to notice your buried self has returned and is taking part in the day. I give thanks that most people will have not a clue what I mean, and long may it stay that way!

I give thanks for sandwiches and picnic food to finish up so I could use the effort saved by not cooking to put a bit of paint on a bit more of the storage stool. For lots of recorded TV to catch up on plus a rather good book so I can put my poor swollen foot up for the rest of the day...

The scaffolding went half way up the building yesterday and then the man drove off yesterday and never came back. I give thanks I didn't have my hopes set on any further erection...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics