Friday 1 June 2018

I can see clearly now

So, the day after a hospital appointment is a day spent waiting to hear if I have to turn round and go back more immediately! I give thanks for waiting today because sitting about not doing much is just about all I'm fit for... For making a tentative start on the work capability assessment form. I can see it's going to be a lot of work just filling it in - I had to have a rest half way through typing out my list of medications!

I give thanks for my new window unit. The sea has more or less disappeared behind vegetation, but even greenery looks better through clear glass not condensation. Such a pleasant man came to fit it too...


I give thanks for tennis from Roland Garros to keep half an eye on. I can't watch too much at once as I can't see clearly through one of the lenses of my specs, so I give thanks for pause and rewind and fast forward...and an eye test appointment booked next week.

I give thanks my monthly electricity direct debit has been considerably reduced. That was an unusual and welcome surprise! For discovering the reason I can't put credit on my phone is that Visa is down, though mildly irritated it cost me a long phone call to find out, I'd rather that than something personally wrong with my credit.

I give thanks for the most of the neighbours being out today so I could find out my sofa is just the right size for a nap. For listening to some other ones getting ready for a party. For being advised about the possibility of noise and invited down for a drink. I give thanks for knowing this is merely politeness...and it would be polite to stay at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics