Saturday 17 September 2016

Turns out

I give thanks for watching the colour of light change from early morning gold, and the bright blue sky of later in the day. I wanted to be outdoors so much and am grateful I remembered there's a difference between wanting to be out and wanting the effort and pain of getting there...and back! I give thanks being very tired from yesterday helped...and that the soreness today was mostly from the hips down so I could do some bits of knitting and sewing and so on - intrinsically pleasing, and also stopped me from looking out of the windows too much and pining!

I give thanks for finishing my tea towels...and for finally getting round to mending the drawer that they go in. I'd thought finding just the right screw would be the hard part... but finding a tool to turn it in the confined space was harder...

I give thanks for turning my mattress. This is something I find particularly challenging, but it's always a help to realise no one could help me even if they would as there wouldn't be room in the room...

After all this I was grateful for just enough energy to cobble together some tea, including a pudding from those strawberries which are now a bit bruised and past their best (also a bit like me!). As my stick blender is more interested in being a stick than a blender these days, and my arms are limping we'll have to see how it turns out...

I give thanks for the times when the people who are noisy when they're in were out, and when the people who are noisy when they're out were in...and the brief bliss of both together...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics