Friday 16 September 2016

Just like me

I give thanks for picking some delicious strawberries earlier this week. Well perhaps I should say 'choose' as I didn't pick them from the bush, but I chose well... via my nose which detected their aroma a good two yards from the stand outside the fruit and veg shop. English, ripe and sweet...bit like me really.

I give thanks for Sylvie sharing a link for this story which moved me with sympathy for the people who felt stressed and invaded by the thefts, and also for the man who felt similarly about the world he lived in in general and had to leave it behind...
http://www.gq.com/story/the-last-true-hermit


I give thanks for my new bright towel cheering up the kitchen chores. That the diamond repeat on the big one from which it came exactly divided into three - partly because I find the geometry easier on the eye, and partly because less cutting of towels on the living room floor makes for less vacuuming afterwards. I didn't come across a new oven glove I liked at a price I could afford so I made a slip on cover for the traditional plain uncovered one I already had, from a piece of material and some binding I just happened to already have as well. I give thanks this pleases me greatly! No, I haven't made toning tea towels...the fabric for those is still in the wash... Yes, I should get out more - take me!!!

I give thanks for taking myself out today...for a trek to the hospital and back for my pre-op assessment. The bus from here stops on the road outside the other side of the sprawling site from where I had to be and, on a day when even sitting still is seriously painful, there was some serious hobbling and whimpering in between! I give thanks to Gemma who went through the various processes with me with humour and humanity, and how we got to chatting about many things including how hard it is for consultants to maintain theirs sometimes. I give thanks for the bit when we had each other in fits of laughter...and when I got to lie down for my ECG.

I give thanks there's a new bus station on its way for the city. If there could be some new people around its environs I'd feel more comfortable, though after passing several scary looking/sounding types in a row I did smile to spot a book entitled Don't Panic prominently displayed outside a charity shop .

I give thanks for watching a town gardener dropping a bucket down from a bridge on a rope to collect water for hanging baskets. For a man and woman all in black with clerical collars having lunch together in a cafe surrounded by colourfully dressed customers, staff...and food! For thinking of this title and then musing on how the phrase can mean we identify an entity by its characteristic ways...or please, can I please you a little? And that thought is about as 'just like me' as they come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics