Wednesday 21 September 2016

Tough life

Well a couple of people have asked me how I feel about my operation tomorrow, and after all the feelings I've had about it for so long, I can honestly say I give thanks for the non related crippling pain of the last week or two increasingly decreasing any attention I can give to non essentials like worrying. I'm so focused on how to get dressed, attend to personal hygiene and bodily nourishment, get the washing up done etc, I'm having to remind myself to do the extra things I need to do just to be ready to go to the hospital at bleep o'clock in the morning...let alone the things I am so going to wish I'd done when I get home however many days later. In fact the fact that this time tomorrow I'll be lying down, maybe only semi conscious, certainly with no need to drag myself about doing to anything is really rather appealing you know...

I give thanks for discovering that, apart from the bottom sheet, you can actually make your bed while you're lying on it! I give thanks for pillow cases and duvet cover changed without that tricksy standing up... For embracing my masculine side, not the man flu type of masculine, the type that rolls its eyes and wishes people would stop fussing...but because I've a feminine side you know I'd probably moan if they didn't too!

Wellwishes notwithstanding, nor Bob understanding some things about me few people do...best thanks of the day to the person who knew the best thing to do with me today was take me out to contemplatively consume carrot cake. Who would that be? Why, me of course! I've learnt a lot about myself recently including that I value my independence at least as much as assistance that relieves suffering, so I wanted to see what it was like walking through the pain barrier. Interesting is the best answer! I give thanks I chose to do it when school children were walking the other way so clutching walls and groaning was not an option and for the 'Wow! How tough am I?' feeling...while it lasted...

I give thanks although there's still quite a bit to get done, the thing to do now is have a bit of a rest before tea. I was going to have an early night but I mustn't forget to fit in a late supper before my fast. As for blogging: Bob's going to give you updates for a day or two...and hopefully there'll be some stuff to be grateful for!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics