Tuesday 13 September 2016

This port in a storm

I don't know what the neighbours had for their tea last night but they suddenly went quiet and stayed so for hours! I give great thanks for sleeping with empty ears and open window...and hope they serve up some leftovers soon...

I give thanks for the rumbling thunder and straight falling rain, dark skies and flashes of lightning. For someone nearby wielding an angle grinder sensibly stopping during the morning storm so I could enjoy the sounds of the weather instead.

I give thanks for less pain to start this week though it's not been so gentle today. I give thanks for still being able to sort out the cupboard under the sink - mysteriously, considering it contains cleaning materials, often the dirtiest place in my home! I've lost my grip a few times over my hands which have been difficult to control with a stream of typos and wrong places clicked on, droppings and breakings and spillings, including tears of frustration...and then a few more at being such a wus...so I give thanks for giving up and napping a while this afternoon. 

I give thanks for someone seeing a pearly view of sky and sand they knew I'd enjoy and sending it to me. For having some Bodyshop bath melt to enjoy later...if I can just get the top off the jar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics