Wednesday 28 September 2016

Power supply

I give thanks for power supplies to sockets and electrical appliances that plug in. Especially for lamps as this evening draws on, since a bulb has blown in my bathroom and blown the fuse for that circuit too. I generally give thanks for my resourcefulness but even I have failed to come up with a cunning plan to rectify this that doesn't involve moving ladders about and moving about on ladders... I also generally give thanks for my resilience, but for once I think resignation may be the better option here... I'm not going to even try ladders for a while!

There may be well be readers who have experienced a compressed nerve in the spine, and probably a long relatively recent abdominal wound...maybe even those who can relate to a newly sited ileal conduit and navel...but any who have dealt with the full concurrent set with no pain relief other than oral over the counter paracetamol and only brief ad hoc domestic assistance will particularly appreciate the fact that though I might seem exceptionally feeble just now, I am in fact incredibly strong. I give thanks for my awesomeness.

I give thanks for today's brief ad hoc assistance including an acupuncture treatment, a gift of flowers (and the trimming and setting up of said flowers in a vase on my bedroom chest of drawers), the making of a cup of tea and bringing of ingredients to make a pan of fresh leek and potato soup liberally laced with garlic and turmeric, the slicing of bread both to eat at the time and later, the changing a water filter, washing up, drying up and putting away. This may not seem brief but as the person involved had to fit it in around an hourly bus timetable and an afternoon at work it all took place in less than a couple of hours! I give thanks for Rachel's well thought out thoughtfulness and for the wonderful feeling of proper nourishment in my body for the first time in almost a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics