Friday 23 September 2016

Normal service to resume in 3... 2...

Today's update, and Gabi is tired from the operation and a busy night but still doing fine! She's hard at work resting for the evening and will be back tomorrow to take the helm again.

So my things for today... I'm always thankful for this but definitely give thanks for not having to follow the drudgery of a normal life, I'm certainly not cut out for doing a boring job day in, day out, and being able to follow my creative pursuits is pretty close to living the dream! Whether it's making semi-musical noise, building bizarre instruments out of Speak & Spells and Cybermen, just selling Lego, or any one of my other random ideas that I'm always trying to follow up on. I may not have lots of free time, but my time is my own.

I'm thankful for being blessed with a creative mind. I can't imagine what it would be like to be uncreative, I almost believe that everyone has it inside them but maybe only some actually listen to their ideas! 

Certainly thankful for music, because it's been and will continue to be such a big part of my life. It brings me so much joy, goosebumps, gave me a proper sense of direction, and through writing and performance boosted my confidence and helped me go to unusual places and meet lots of interesting people. 

It seems to be a theme to find something to find the good in something that you're not actually all that thankful for, so I'm going to be thankful for my room being too small for me, because it's helping me to focus and downsize. It's easy to fill up a space with random stuff and have lots of projects going on at once and I certainly did that several times over! Without the space to leave half-finished things lying around the place, I will be able to concentrate on one or two at once. Or three or four. But no more than that.

And finally, I'm thankful for my mum! Thankful that she's still here after going through so much, raised me effectively, and all those other things that sons aren't very good at saying. She's been through a lot but still manages to keep going and find a new 5 things every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics