Saturday 24 September 2016

Slice of lime

Phew! It's good to be back... I'm always in a state of euphoria when I come round from an anaesthetic, as my last thought as I go under is that I won't! But it's always going to be downhill after that..

I give thanks for a bed with a view of part of an autumnal coloured tree that changes from lime to gold with different light and tosses in the wind. And for a sliver of pink sunset one evening too...

I give thanks for the wonderful staff here... How they manage to stay so cheerful, unflustered and competent I don't know as there are not nearly enough of them...

I give thanks for finally getting some sleep last night and today. I need my rest at the best of times and a hospital is not the best place for it. I give thanks finally this evening I feel as if I might start feeling myself again soon... For the people who've been in touch and those who've not.. And for not having visitors. It's hard to find any 'space' in here and, not feeling very chatty, just listening to other people talk to each other is enough. Love listening to the old gentleman reading to his poorly wife in the bed next door though...

I give thanks for Bob's excellent blog writing while I've been out of action... His grasp of what really constitutes good fortune, and that he appreciates this is an inheritance that can't be squandered as the more you use it the more you get...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics