Thursday 8 September 2016

Asda be done!

I give thanks that busy heads can be settled down by means of tales. Last night even the bun dance of Bake Off was too much like reality so I disconnected all devices that connect me to the here and now and immersed myself in fiction. 

I give thanks that yesterday's mistiness gave way to sunshine for most of today...and for the mellow fruitfulness of laden apple and pear trees I passed on the bus.

As I've been promising myself some new kitchen bits and bobs when I eventually move from here, I give thanks for realising as we're not talking a complete Le Creuset set piling on the pounds and kilos there's no reason why I shouldn't treat myself to a few things beforehand actually. Some new tea towels and so on will cheer me up while I'm still here and make the place look so much more desirable to buy I'm sure. I give thanks for finding in Asda (after a long look on line so I knew to look) a brightly coloured bath towel  that will make three deliciously dirt hiding hand towels. I give thanks I'm not adverse to boiling up the peskily pale sort when they become stained but I do prefer rich colours and I've a soft spot for soft furnishings with my own stamp of style.

I give thanks for recently discovering the taste sensation that is an organic egg! Quite how I've missed these before I've no idea but I was particularly grateful to find some in Asda as I'd run out, and run out of pain perseverance to stop and shop here on the way home. I give thanks I'm not a regular customer though as there's always something there to remind me quite what a snob I am.

I give thanks for getting round to following up one one of the estate agent's visits last month by explaining there's no way I can proceed until I've recovered from surgery, and that I'm not sure I'll proceed with them anyway as one of their competitors quoted me a considerably smaller fee. I give thanks they've now quoted me a smaller one still. I've never sold a property but it's encouraging to know before I begin I seem to have grasped the basics.

I give thanks for making a very passable crumble using a tin of plums and a packet of ready made topping. Mary and Paul need never know...and besides a doctor told me I should feed myself up before I go in for my op. Not a doctor who's actually treating me, you understand, but one I like to listen to now and then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics