Tuesday 6 September 2016

Seams so

I give thanks for finally getting out of doors to do some of what had to be done...and for getting on line to do some more...

For a few quick hello, how are yous with people I know about the town...For the palpable sense of increased calm and contentment now the 'high' season has tapered off. 

I give thanks for the letter confirming my hospital admission arriving, and for confirming I can be there by 7.30 am as requested if I catch the first bus from here. For fretting a little about how I will get home again when discharged, remembering many fruitless phone calls in the past to friends who are otherwise busily engaged...and remembering, somehow, I've always managed to scrape something together in the end even if I've had to sit in a corridor for a few hours first.

I give thanks for applying myself to the seamier side of life...joining bits of woven and knitted fabric including parts of this garment I don't know quite the name of to comfortably cover up undressedness on the ward without pressure on bits that won't want to be pressed. I give thanks for finding the lovely soft printed lawn, lining and binding on line...and perfect match trim in my lace drawer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics