Monday 26 September 2016

Better feelings

I give thanks for not just feeling better, but for other people who think they know better feeling that I am too!

For my companions on the ward feeling relatively well and in good spirits too, so that we've been able make each other's tender places sore with laughter. They are an intelligent, interesting and amusing bunch which I never thought you'd hear me say. I dreaded my fellow patients as much as anything else about being here... And I give thanks for some companionable conversable with staff and relatives too. Particularly for making would be serious consultants laugh. It's a pet project of mine...I'm sure it makes them feel better!

For being freed of tubes and wires so that I can walk about a bit, and being wheeled along to some stairs to practise walking up and down them. All this has made the pain I came in with return but I give thanks for meeting a lady similarly stricken so at least someone understands why I keep moving in strange ways to try to make it go away.

I give thanks for the offer of a lift home from John tomorrow especially as he has to drive a long way to do it. It will be good to be with someone I've known a long time, and with someone who knows what it's like to be not properly well for a long time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics