Friday 30 September 2016

Back out

I give thanks for the beautiful weather. I'd like to be convalescing in a cabin on the side of a wooded valley, a coastguard's cottage on top of a cliff or a croft in a fold of an otherwise uninhabited Scottish moor...but of course I'm too incapacitated to do that on my own so I give thanks for lying on my bed with a view of the blue sky and the sound of the crisping leaves blowing in the wind.

I couldn't get out of going out today though, as the hospital had made me promise to get my bloods done. I'd been fretting a little as to how to do this in such a state of hobble and groan without a great deal of superfluous chit-chat instead of necessary teeth gritting...though mostly I'm so grateful to live in such a sociable friendly place as you know. So it was a delight to hear from Laura in a gap between going away and going back to work and, having known me for several years plus had having had an op herself several weeks ago, she was full of offers of situation specific suggestions for things that she could do.

If you have to leave home when you really don't want to, being with someone you feel at home with certainly does help and she and the parking angel were in excellent form so I give thanks pain making was kept as low as could be. I give thanks for food cooked, and bedding changed and the washing done...though the plan of using the effort saved to rest and make myself better was scuppered by having instead to deal with a range of mistakes and muddles and malfunctions...including the lighting circuit which despite more trips up ladders than either of us would have preferred still refuses to co-operate. I give thanks I've nothing planned for this evening needing any bright overhead light...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics