Thursday 29 September 2016

Back off

I give thanks for the pink grey of the cloudy dawn this morning. For a view of the sky from my bed. For sleeping better last night, and for being able to now lie on either side instead of being stuck on my back.

I give thanks no unnecessarily unneighbourly noise making for more than twenty four hours. I assume it's because of all the recent interaction, intervention and overly intimate overhearing but I have a particular craving to withdraw for a while from all but a little light online connection so the more peace in the vicinity the better. Maybe there's an astrological element - my horoscope keeps talking about a time of reflection, and a fellow aquarian normally quite contented with a bustly life has recently headed off into the wild green yonder. As I can't do that disappearing into my own headspace is the best way to charge my batteries I know...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37444982

I give thanks for some brief spaces of feeling less beset by pain and invalidity and using them to do some useful things like boiling an egg and making some toast, getting a load of washing on and then on the clothes horse, and getting the ladder out and going up and down it to fetch the broken fuse...which may get replaced later or may not...it doesn't matter really as the loud people and dogs are back about their business so as I've finished the soup and sat on the sofa to watch Bake Off I think I'm back off to bed!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics