Saturday 10 September 2016

8 years later

Eight years ago this afternoon I learned that I had cancer. I give thanks for all the other stuff I've learned since then...though most of it's not been what you'd want to read about on a gratitude blog. 

I've been pretty downhearted lately and today it's just been one dark thought after another, so I give thanks I've been alone and haven't had to act feeling chirpier than I am to make any one else feel better...or had anyone make me feel worse! I give thanks I honour and respect my emotions even the uncomfortable ones.

I give thanks for lying in bed this morning listening to the heavy rain fall. For a new chopping clock smelling of wood smoke. For an ice cream van tinkling Greensleeves... For being very gentle and undemanding of myself but somehow still getting a few things done...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics