Friday 9 September 2016

Anti pathetic

I give thanks for an unexpected firework display last night! They were set off in an unexpected place as well and at first I couldn't work out where as the booms reverberated around and I could see the flashes reflected on the windows of houses across the estuary. But then I realised I just needed to lean a little further out of my own window as the rockets were exploding pretty much in line with the end of the terrace and there were lots of really very special sparkly things to watch and marvel at.

I give thanks for managing to get up and lean out of the window as my hip joints have been incredibly painful the last couple of days, and sitting, standing and walking are particularly hard to do. Other bits hurt as well of course but I'm grateful the brain can only really process what's going on in one or two places at once so my consciousness comes up with a variety of discomforts to focus on.

I give thanks for coming across information about a device that uses electromagnetic pulses to (allegedly) treat pain and inflammation safely (even for renal patients!) and for having a laugh at the autocorrect in someone's review talking about 'antipathy' working well instead. I give thanks for sending for a week's 'free trial' costing £4.95...and then getting an email from Sky saying they owed me £5!

I give thanks for sleeping better than I have done for a couple of weeks...and for having less stressy dreams. I dreamt I was visited by a baby giraffe, some new fledged spiky fluffy little birds including a blue tit with a comical down turn to the sides of its beak! There was also a wall of dark patterned paper which attracted a  thick dusting of pretty little butterflies or moths.

I give thanks for realising how much I was relying on someone to do something for me when I found out they were not. It's not a good idea for me to rely on people... It's good for me to trust though - to trust I can manage without people to rely on for a start!

I give thanks for meeting Laura for a cuppa and way too many buns...and seeing choirmaster David so many places in the end he stopped me and gave me a hug to satisfy my subconscious stalking.

I give thanks it's the weekend and I have nothing nice to look forward to so I can just be pathetic quietly by myself instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics