Tuesday 27 September 2016

Hair and now

I give thanks for being home.

I could write that at least five times because there are several ways in which it pleases me. Of course there are ways in which my home fails to please these days too but they pale into insignificance beside the pleasures of some privacy,  access to food and drink I like, wireless internet, an orthopaedic unplastic covered mattress to lie on, relative autonomy, relative peace...a sense of choice and options.

I give thanks for seeing John seeming so well and for using some of this wellness coming to rescue me from the well meant but soul destroying clutches of the ward. For fresh air, the sight of hundreds of trees not just half a one, for having a conversation with someone I've known a very long time, for having a just right cup of tea made for me after having a just right pint of milk bought... And perhaps most wonderously, after being given some samples of shampoo and conditioner to try and jokingly responding that what I really needed was for someone to wash my hair...having my hair washed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics