Wednesday 7 September 2016

Tea set



I give thanks for the sudden pretty sunset last night...you might have thought a bright day would follow a bright sky like that but it's been mostly swirly fog of various thickness instead. I give thanks I enjoy the muted, subdued atmosphere of mistiness...just right for mutely mulling over topics which are making me subdued. There are times when I really do appreciate not having many opportunities to 'open up' as it can be rather exasperating when you try to and people fail to grasp what you're trying to say...let alone respond in any way helpfully...

I give thanks that I didn't have to drive anywhere in the murkiness, nor encourage anyone who did...for the soft sunshine this evening now the clouds have cleared.

I give thanks for a long lie in with my many aches and pains and then tackling cleaning some kitchen cupboards - a satisfying task, and one that can be regularly left while surfaces thoroughly dry before objects are returned. I give thanks for idling on the internet and then taking a dustpan and brush to worst of the muck in the communal entrance hall as the management company continue to fail to manage organising a cleaner, and carrying a vacuum down all those stairs would be beyond me just now.

I give thanks I made myself some proper lunch - green lentil stew with some rarely allowed potatoes. Proper tasty it was, and as I'm now utterly exhausted I can just grab a snack for tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics