Thursday 22 September 2016

Here comes the son...

So I'm guesting on the blog again, there hasn't been a day missed yet and the momentum must be continued!

First of all, you'll all be thankful to hear that the operation was successful, and even got going in the morning instead due to someone else not showing up. I know Gabi's been waiting around for this operation for some time, so it must be a big relief, both to have the operation, and not be waiting around too long on the day. So of course, I'm thankful for another successful surgery, and by association, the NHS. It's a necessary institution which in this day and age should be a basic human right. We need to keep this going rather than have it sold off to already rich people for them to get richer!

In my own world, I'm very thankful for the gradual onset of having free time again... I've spent so long having to work on backlogs and repaying debts that the light at the end of the tunnel is very welcome! I'm not there yet, but seeing things actually start coming together is very promising, and I'm excited for all the new projects and ideas I can start and hopefully carry out to fruition.

I'm especially thankful today for lots of helpful advice from friends, casting eyes over a logo design I've been working on to go with my music projects, great to have a whole wealth of second opinions and outside suggestions! I have still to sift through and find the ones I want, but there's plenty of food for thought. This is also one of many long-standing backlog projects that I've wanted done for a long time, so it's nice to have one almost in the bag!

A great festival season and great weather... going to bundle these two together, as they went very hand in hand. This year I've spent more time outside than any other year for quite a while! The festivals especially were a welcome set of weekend breaks, and after a difficult 2015 and up and down 2016, these definitely lifted my mood up again.

And now I'm off to a pub with friends and my girlfriend, all of whom I'm thankful for! I have a great network of interesting and creative people and there's always good times to be had, and a bit of a nice break for the evening will be good to clear the mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics