Sunday 11 January 2015

Band of hold

Last night I lay me down to sleep...and had to keep getting up again to look out of the window! First there was that bright bright moonlight...and then the softest of rain...and then a tremendous wind blowing the ancient evergreens about with a swooshing sound. Much thanks for all of those - I'm so grateful I love weather and live in the British Isles...

I give thanks for watching the Undateables. The thing that moves me most is how loved and valued the participants already are by friends and family - no one gives them that look that I've had when I've said I'm joining a singles site or whatever (well, not on camera anyhow!) This is exactly as it should be, of course. I'm grateful I can see that everyone is lovable, though I can also see some are much easier to love when they are further away...


I give thanks it's my body falling apart and not my mind...how's this for an excellent budget idea to make art things easier to hold? I'm grateful for a peaceful couple of hours playing with my paints. I said it was just going to be playing, but if you're blessed/cursed with a creative soul there's always going to be something your head wants your hands to try and so I'm grateful for finding some bigger brushes and paper at a good price on eBay. Time was when I used to paint lattice windows and blooming rose bushes on cottage brooches an inch across but I think I need to upsize a bit these days...

I'm grateful Mr Tesco has made some cauliflower cheese to go with my jacket potato. I know I mustn't go mad or the potassium will creep up again but...jacket potato! It's almost as exciting as having baths and hair again. I give thanks for a life that's contained a lot of doing without what seems to matter...it helps you to understand what really does!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics