Sunday 18 January 2015

Kind of

I give thanks for a clear blue winter's sky and sea, for solar power streaming through my south facing windows helping keep me warm during the day and for heaters to do it after nightfall. I'm grateful I don't have to rub sticks together, clean out a coal grate or collect kindling...

I give thanks for simple systems for enabling generosity to those experiencing hard times - food bank collection points, suspended coffee schemes and so on. Maybe there are scroungers about, maybe there are scoundrels running the country, but in the meantime the human need for sustenance won't wait for it all to be sorted out...
http://twistedsifter.com/2015/01/customers-pay-it-forward-with-post-it-note-pizza-vouchers/

I give thanks for a free Kindle book bonus after buying three paperback ones the other day. I give thanks for the everyday miracles of modern technology that make life so much easier when they work, and usefully remind us not to be dependent when they don't!

I give thanks for finding a TV programme about extreme runways - very entertaining if you like that kind of thing - and a quiet couple of hours playing with my paints (ditto)

I give thanks for a sumptuously smelly tea of baked Camembert, garlic bread and salad with raw red onion. I'm not sure if it's my allium intake that powers my feisty immune system or the fact that my breath means people rarely get close enough to give me germs... but I'm grateful I realise having said that I'm bound to go down with something now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics