Saturday 3 January 2015

Three wise


I'm grateful for the almost monochrome morning view today, and for feeling much better with less debilitating fatigue and pain becoming more localised and easier to attend to. I'm grateful for remembering to bind up my hands in elastic bandage mittens - it looks daft but makes me think twice about moving my thumbs and aggravating associated tendons and stops me doing it unconsciously when asleep. It's amazing what you can do with the just the rest of your fingers if you're careful and slow...and I give thanks for the patience of the shop staff in town when I was being careful and slow, for the tender concern of the of Big Issue seller and that I don't have a dinner date as using cutlery is particularly ungainly! 

I'm grateful I was able to do things to my hair to make it look as if it might have been brushed (oh the joys of curls!) and get out in time to catch the Post Office open. When I saw a neighbour from this block out with his dog I was wondering how to avoid meeting and greeting him on the stairs with a bin bag full of smelly rubbish and a bus approaching the stop far faster than I could...but we crossed paths at the communal door which meant he could both open and close it for me in good natured passing, thus saving me a lot of digital dithering with knobs and keys so a great deal of gratitude for that. I was also grateful for the one way system in town so that when I saw the bus home was likely to leave before I could get to that stop, I could actually outpace it to its next one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics