Friday 9 January 2015

Mister plan

OK, I'm bored with that now! I'd planned to call this post N-n-n-nineteen as I'd been optimistic my kidney function would have taken a turn for the better...but as it hasn't I'm grateful I have a plan for when they say 'We need to plan the start of your dialysis,' - I'll say 'Yeah, I plan it for after the summer holiday I've booked!' I'm grateful I feel a good deal better than all the figures on these bits of paper suggest I should, quite fired up for any ensuing battle of wills and quite relaxed and laissez faire about the actual ills themselves...

I'm grateful that despite a lot of aches and pains I went to the local fibromyalgia group monthly meeting. Hanging out with a bunch of women talking about miserable medical conditions is pretty low on my 'what would you like to do today', but they were nice, well meaning women and I could wash up heaps of mugs and feel I was being useful!


I give thanks for the mild air and slightest lightest of mizzly rain, the soft colours of the sea. For discovering the joys of on line marine and plane tracking so I can see what boats are in the bay, and what's flying overhead. No, it's not sad...it makes me very happy! I give thanks for living in a century and culture when it's increasingly acceptable and even sometimes desirable for a female to be in touch with their 'masculine side' - if there is such a thing and it isn't all an assimilated construct.

I give thanks for this story about a photographer with Down's, for the way his eyes behold beauty in the world...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29107894

I give thanks for remembering to order some books in the Amazon 3 for £10 sale that ends today. Bob got me some good reads for Christmas and I've a few of my own choosing still waiting on the shelves but you can never have too many books waiting, you just need to sit down more and read! And although I know we're told not to judge what's inside from the outside, I'm grateful for the coded classifications in the cover images which save you from a lot of unnecessary clicking. If I were still a Social Anthropology student I think I'd feel an academic paper coming on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics