Tuesday 6 January 2015

Six sensibilities

Close the door, light the lights...I give thanks that it's pretty much night and I don't have to deal with the outside world for a while! I give thanks for watching the lights come on in other people's windows before I drew my own curtains and blinds...the view from the kitchen window reminds me of an advent calendar sometimes. 

There have been several opportunities to be ungrateful to the universe and its inhabitants today so I give thanks for unfolding plans B, C and D and appreciating both producing them, and having the energy to follow them through... I give thanks for Jenny good naturedly helping with the chores and Damian from the medical supply company breathing friendly fire at the courier company so that their new driver actually came back and delivered my package to my hands instead of playing another round of knock and run! I give thanks for the warmth of the sun on my face through south facing windows and the edgy brake screech of a trick cyclist whizzing down the hill. I give thanks for managing a few rows of knitting...

Today I'm also giving thanks though for our extra sensibilities, for the connections we sometimes miss in all the constricting common sense we're supposed to live by... Yesterday morning a Facebook friend called Tashi posted pictures of clouds moving down a mountain. I was very grateful to see these as they are beautiful photos, of an area I remember walking in with fondness and because he is someone who knows why it's wonderful to share the wonder we encounter! Yesterday evening Rachel was telling me someone had recommended she watched a manga film and thought I might know how to access it. She was trying to remember its name...'Something like Tashi's Moving Mountain' she said. For some reason I thought I had a book called that just two feet away but when I reached for it I said 'Oh no, it's Howl's Moving Castle...' 'That's the one!' she said. Rachel does not know Tashi, and I had not told her about the cloud moving pictures, and I was looking for a book with the wrong name when I found the right one. This is why it all makes sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics