Tuesday 27 January 2015

Chasing

I give thanks for getting my mojo back which was noticeably absent at the end of last week, leading to the usual mojoless mistake of imagining it could be returned to me in any way but by me. It's so sad when people think that there are external sources of inner peace or joy - food or drink, drugs you get from the doctor and those you don't, money, purchases and possessions, pastimes, particular physical states or people - but you do tend to think like that when you're sad, don't you?

I always think hope for change is a potentially unhelpful route to go down too, as it's pushing aside the dealing with the is and now... but what really does seem to help is helping others be joyful instead. You can read the Testaments Old and New, the Bhagavad Gita, the Qur'an, the Tipitaka or the Tao-te Ching but if you're pressed for time Wilbert Harrison's lyrics of wisdom cut to the chase:

Make someone happy, make someone smile...

... and I give thanks for the opportunities I've had in the last few days to do just that :-)

I give thanks for Willie's sublime elderflower and lemon cake at choir, and much chuckling with Christine. I give thanks to Jenny for doing the more strenuous chores, and to me for tidying up so that she could get to the bits in need of vim and vigour.  Far from my vigorous myself, I give thanks for doing little else today. I give thanks to the Australian Open on TV and tablet bringing me more joy of sets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics