Wednesday 14 January 2015

Pigs might swim

I'm grateful for being snug inside on a wild and stormy night. Last night it was quite bracing too, and I was grateful I could do something public spirited whilst lounging on the sofa watching a programme featuring swimming pigs and eating an antisocial amount of raw garlic...being on the town council was never that relaxed! Later I became enthralled by on line maps of maritime activity watching the Brixham pilot boat go out to liaise with and turn a container ship nominally bound for Algeciras but heading purposefully North West towards the Devon coast instead. At least that's what seemed to be happening and I was grateful for the opportunity to make up stories and scenarios such as charts upside down, or threatened mutiny unless supplies of something or other were topped up!

This morning I was grateful I woke up in time to open the curtains and watch the dawn, even though it was the moon that dazzled me instead. I'm grateful for a relaxed day, pottering about with a bit of housework, a good book and some knitting. I'm grateful for discovering you can refresh biscuits that are going soft with a few minutes in the oven, and that someone just rang to confirm I'm attending a hospital appointment I have yet to receive a letter about so didn't know I had!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics