Sunday 25 January 2015

To B

I give thanks for my bath and my bed, biscuits and books...

I give thanks for coaxing my TV and internet back into what seems to be reliable connection again. I give thanks for a QIXL making me laugh when I was sad, and a shout out loud at the screen tennis match for making me shout out loud...

I give thanks for this article about 'stuffocation' and that it maybe I was doing it right all along, which I can't help but be grateful for, smug though it may seem.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30849473

Many years ago, when I was walking to London from Wales, as one does, we arrived one night at a pre-booked hotel much fancier than we were used to and sat on rather covetable sofas in the foyer. My friend said you could buy similar items at reasonable prices and I found myself wondering why I rarely purchased that kind of consumer goods. I realised I'd a tendency to spend my limited resources on experiences rather than things... About the same time I wrote a song lyric 'Beauty is a fleeting thing, it's memories we hold' which is kind of about the same thing. I give thanks for the essential wisdom we have inside and that I clearly had a lot more in my twenties than people gave me credit for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics