Thursday 8 January 2015

Eight all the pies

I seem to have lost the knack of making scones. I've tried several methods, even following a recipe for once, but they all seem to turn out a bit crumbly and need holding together with lashings of jam and clotted cream. Of course I'm extremely grateful for this you understand, it's not in any way a complaint! Likewise, as this time last year I discovered Bramley apple and marzipan makes a wonderful crumble filling and now I'm not supposed to eat marzipan, I'm grateful I'm engaged on a pleasant mission to try to find some new dessert taste within my diet restrictions. I also give thanks that if this is unsuccessful, trifle is still allowed and I haven't lost the knack of that!

I'm grateful I don't seem genetically inclined to put on a great deal of extra weight, and that if I counted calories I'd have to spare what most people take in in meat and alcohol and now chocolate too. I'm grateful that though I'm clearly a lot less energetic than I used to be, not having a car, a cook or a carer does burn a few though today it's been very few indeed... I give thanks for not having to be anywhere or do anything at any particular time - my favourite!

I give thanks for my washing machine, and the sunshine and relatively mild temperatures today so the clean laundry could start drying on a rack in front of the open window. And I give thanks for the howling wind last night making a great soundtrack for a TV programme about storms that had stunning images and a very annoying commentary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics