Thursday 9 June 2016

The blues

I give thanks for the blues...the sky and sea of course, as ever, in all their variation...and here there is the blue of the pool, and the paintwork, furnishing and towels, in the purples and pinks of the climbing flowers, and in the evergreen greens.

I give thanks for a paddle and a swim, a drive and a walk. For picking probably the most laid back apartment complex, at the end of a cul-de-sac on the edge of a very low key resort so there's a much needed sense of peace and space. For entertainment overheard from the big hotel next door with a passable singer with a guitar and harmonica playing something for everyone from the Doobie Bros to Oasis. Particular thanks for Jealous Guy and Don't Think twice for pressing my own musical buttons...

I guess I'm not the only one who gets stuck on a ghost train of thought sometimes...some trigger, a careless word or unbidden memory and we're off on a circle line of haunting hurts, unfulfilled longings, insecurities, fears for the future...you can join the journey at any point but once you're on it it's a glum and bumpy ride bringing to mind the people we grieve for, the people we'd leave for, the desires even the goodest little would be Buddhist have, to be free from desire for anything to be other than it is...

I give thanks for anyone who has no idea what I mean but those who do will understand why I give thanks for resetting a chain of association of mine so that instead of remembering this and thinking that I've inserted a divert into focusing on my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics