Sunday 19 June 2016

Uh-oh

Uh-oh, these summer nights can drag on with no one to talk to (or too nice to talk to) so I give thanks yesterday was so long I was bathed and in bed not long after ten, with earplugs in snugly to insulate the sounds of other people still up and going about their business. You're unlikely to know, and I'm grateful it's so, just how tired and sore a person can be... and as I settled down to sleep I wondered what there could possibly be to give thanks for about it...and came up with the thought that there are meditative practices that require you to try to be conscious of all of your body, and widespread pain certainly brings new parts to light!

I give thanks for a slow start this morning, but that it was morning when I started so that I could meet Mima this afternoon for a potter around some of the freebies at the folk festival. I give thanks for some delicious leftover pasta to fuel me for this...tho it was so delicious I inadvertently ate it all at lunchtime instead of saving some for my supper which was not part of the master plan...

I give thanks for being almost philosophical about a sticky toffee situation - a nationwide shortage of Thornton's dark chocolate caramels. Only almost though... 

I give thanks for doing some knitting and watching some tennis. For an essential oil bottle not having the top on quite tight, and falling over in a drawer so something I took out of it is wafting the exotic fragrance of ylang-ylang around.

I give thanks tonight it's so murky and cool it could almost be not summer...a gratitude mostly connected with the opening sentence of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics