Wednesday 29 June 2016

Little helps

I give thanks for guessing what time I'd like a taxi yesterday (allowing exactly the right amount of time for various unforeseen variables!) and then booking a few days ahead via a third party internet site. I give thanks the price was right and the driver came with free brains, so although the postcode told him to go to one place when he got there he thought it must be wrong, phoned me...and found me!

I give thanks for railway staff handling with good humour and practicality the assorted out of sorts folk displaced by a tree on the line causing timetable chaos. I give thanks a cafe was open and I could buy a cup of tea to keep my eyes open, though as they had no decaf it kept my eyes open later into the night than I would have liked...

I give thanks for a mostly lazy day to make up for it, though by checking in earlyish on the Tesco site to see what I might like to order, I discovered if I made my mind up very quickly I could actually have it delivered later today which I've not ever seen before and could be just what I needed...if I remembered what I needed.

I give thanks for dodging the showers to pick up my belated post, on time medical supplies and non supermarket shopping and there being a friendly cab driver on the rank when I needed help back up the hill...

I give thanks there's a roof on centre court so I could flop on the sofa afterwards and watch the delightfully random chap playing Roger this afternoon. Xenophobes will be disappointed to know I cared not a jot that he's a Brit, nor how well he did - it was the backstory and his obvious exuberant boyish enthusiasm at the unexpected situation he was in that got my vote. How could you not share his joy? Best fun I've seen on a tennis court for a long while (and in the main draw ever)...made me laugh out loud and clap and shout. I give thanks lolling while you're lolling is very good for body and soul, and having a bit of a shout is probably very good for neighbours who forget how their own voices carry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics